[Nhcoll-l] Tie on tags

Cathy Groves cgroves at nhm.org
Fri Mar 27 19:36:32 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for tie-on tags, which can be used to label bags of specimens that are submerged in alcohol in 30-gallon steel tanks.
For similar purposes, our ichthyology department uses 100% rag card stock tags, 1.5 x 2.75 inches, with a reinforced brass eyelet. Unfortunately, their supply is nearly exhausted and the source of the tags is unknown.
Can anyone suggest a supplier for tie-on tags that withstand long-term storage in 85% ethanol?

Thank you very much,
Cathy

Cathy Groves
Collection Manager, Echinoderms