[Nhcoll-l] Microscope Slide Labels

Barry OConnor bmoc at umich.edu
Wed May 20 10:22:09 EDT 2015

We use "Foilback labelstock sheets" from University Products in
Massachusetts. These also need to be individually cut (the backing paper is
scored for easy removal when the labels are cut into strips). Both the
paper and adhesive are archival, which should be a requirement for slide
labels in a permanent collection.  We have used other materials in the
past, but these either proved not to be archival (i.e. non-acid free
paper), or the adhesive didn't hold over a span of years. I'd also be
interested to know if there is a product that meets these requirements that
is also pre-cut into 1x1 inch squares.
All the best! - Barry