[Nhcoll-l] Fire Marshall Regulations

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:34:38 EDT 2016

Paul

Yes, I agree and as such any test should entail various size jars and situations.  I would warrant a guess that poly lids would fail long before any of the jars would fail and as such alcohol may burn within the jar before the jar actually exploded.

I was hoping to engage our fire department here to see if they would be willing to run such an experiment for us but maybe having a certified testing agency either do it or be on board may be a good idea.

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA

Tel: (785) 864-3863
Fax: (785) 864-5335
Email: abentley at ku.edu<mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu&d=CwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=54xXLSYFZrs0KCGernXijeEGni23pzpi7P7dc6Rez6g&s=VbyWq9yiJ-RI0SD34kbkPkHOnX3-rxxY6mPd_PjhxKI&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu_&d=CwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=54xXLSYFZrs0KCGernXijeEGni23pzpi7P7dc6Rez6g&s=SsCeOkl0x5FxVaUE_AguHgyOS75PpUq4eEd6gmFaiBU&e= >

SPNHC President
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=CwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=54xXLSYFZrs0KCGernXijeEGni23pzpi7P7dc6Rez6g&s=ewmbQsdAM3fL1Jl2itOshvq3MPMC19jXZ0JVB20PS-k&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org_&d=CwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=54xXLSYFZrs0KCGernXijeEGni23pzpi7P7dc6Rez6g&s=WWlrTZvT4I1gAS9ANnABeKiWzMexKVDcECPOvRV9juU&e= >

    A  :             A  :             A  :
    V                V                V