[Nhcoll-l] Vial jar system

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 18:31:20 EDT 2016

Thanks Lex and Paul,

All of this puts me in mind of Thomas Pole’s rather infamous but insightful remark:  “It is found to be attended with no small difficulty, to enclose wet preparations in glasses, so as to prevent effectually the evaporation of the spirits, which occasions very considerable trouble, and no small expense to keep a large anatomical collection in good order”. Thomas Pole, 1790.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com