[Nhcoll-l] Vial jar system

Tom Schiøtte tschioette at snm.ku.dk
Thu Mar 17 06:24:35 EDT 2016

I am enjoying this. When I started working at ZMUC 38 years ago, one of the favorite subjects at meetings in the Invertebrate Department was the question of whether to put tubes upside-down or not. The discussion could last for an incredibly long time, and if the moderator of the meeting tried to get a conclusion, you only had to nudge one or the other of the dedicated combatants slightly to get them started energetically again.

There were actually people running around in the corridors, lobbying for their viewpoint between meetings.

We never reached a conclusion. Crustaceologists and others with similar problems simply don't like to get their animal's  legs and antennae entangled in cotton wool, however good the argument from malacologists or tunicate curators for the upside-down idea may be.

Cheers, Tom

Tom Schiøtte

Collection manager, Echinodermata & Mollusca
Natural History Museum of Denmark (Zoology)
Universitetsparken 15
DK 2100 Copenhagen OE

+45 35 32 10 48
TSchioette at snm.ku.dk