[Nhcoll-l] FW: Enquiry from film shooting in NYC

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:41:59 EDT 2016

In the book, the 1927 cabinet of curiosities is part of an exhibit about
the history of museums.

"Wonderstruck" is very interesting. It was written for young people and
tells two alternating stories, one in text and one in graphics, that
converge at the end of the book. It is well worth reading, both for what it
says about museums in our society, and what it says about deaf culture.
Although it is 460 pages long, you can read it in about an hour. It is a
very good book to use to get kids talking about museums, dioramas, and so
forth.

--John

John E. Simmons
Museologica
128 E. Burnside Street
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823-2010
simmons.johne at gmail.com
303-681-5708
www.museologica.com
and
Adjunct Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
University Park, Pennsylvania
and
Instructor, Museum Studies