[Nhcoll-l] Question about Large Rove Beetles and vertebrate collections

Anderson, Gretchen AndersonG at CarnegieMNH.Org
Mon Sep 12 14:52:22 EDT 2016

Hi Elizabeth,

We generally consider these incidental or occasional visitors.  Once they die they are an excellent food source for dermestids and other museum pest species, so I suggest that you try to figure out how they getting in and block the entrance if possible. Otherwise, remove them as best as possible when you find them.

Gretchen Anderson

Sent from my iPhone