[Nhcoll-l] cellulose powder for gap filler

Carrie A. Eaton carrie at geology.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 21 13:59:51 EDT 2017

Hi all,
I'm having some difficulty finding the correct size of cellulose powder (formerly known as Whatman CF-11) for use as a gap filler mixed with B72. From what I can tell Whatman has since been absorbed GE Life Sciences and the old part numbers no longer seem to apply. Does anyone have a reliable lab source/manufacturing # for a good size cellulose powder for this use? I know Talas carries it, but we have to pay equal its price in shipping to get it here to the Midwest.

A thousand thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Carrie

Carrie Eaton, Museum Curator