[Nhcoll-l] cellulose powder for gap filler

William Simpson wsimpson at fieldmuseum.org
Tue Mar 21 14:43:41 EDT 2017

Hi Carrie,

I recently used a filler which is produced as part of a high-end marine
epoxy we use here.   We had an emergency crack filling repair to do for
an elephant scapula before the specimen went on exhibit.  The product is
WEST System Microfibers, filler 203 and we used it with B-72.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.westsystem.com_ss_403-2Dmicrofibers_&d=DwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=AFq15saX3xqHuXimaSRIxvieJKrMCuCuXFZFneSYhYI&s=ifj5zpVXY2U1s4cHkcnZ1vOd3UPMlT1w8kA0PLS9quo&e=

Best,

Bill

On 3/21/17 12:59 PM, Carrie A. Eaton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m having some difficulty finding the correct size of cellulose
> powder (formerly known as Whatman CF-11) for use as a gap filler mixed
> with B72. From what I can tell Whatman has since been absorbed GE Life
> Sciences and the old part numbers no longer seem to apply. Does anyone
> have a reliable lab source/manufacturing # for a good size cellulose
> powder for this use? I know Talas carries it, but we have to pay equal
> its price in shipping to get it here to the Midwest.
>
> A thousand thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carrie
>
> Carrie Eaton, Museum Curator
>
> UW Geology Museum
>
> 1215 West Dayton Street
>
> Madison, WI 53706
>
> 608.262.4912
> */twitter @uwgeologymuseum
> facebook.com/uwgeologymuseum/*

> society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=DwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=AFq15saX3xqHuXimaSRIxvieJKrMCuCuXFZFneSYhYI&s=i0yNVKUnP4aVVAeWopspS2Gv4O4Xn47NPDw5Gg2ABFU&e=  for membership information.

*WILLIAM F. SIMPSON*
Head of Geological Collections, Gantz Family Collections Center
McCarter Collections Manager, Fossil Vertebrates

*FIELD MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY*
1400 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60605 USA

phone: (312) 665-7628