[Nhcoll-l] Cleaning a roadkill freezer

Gali Beiner gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 21 11:20:47 EST 2018

We had our own mammal freezer failure, in plural. We moved all specimens
into closed bags (for skeleton retrieval) in new freezers, hosed down the
previous freezers, did them over several times with bleach and disposed of
them. During work, we wore full body tyvek suits, goggles and masks, and
double labs gloves on top of which we wore heavy duty rubber gloves. The
biohazard potential is simply huge.

Gali Beiner (ACR)
Conservator, Palaeontology Lab
National Natural History Collections
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Berman Building, Edmond J. Safra campus, Givat Ram
Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Fax. 972-2-6585785
gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il
http://nnhc.huji.ac.il/

בתאריך יום ד׳, 21 בנוב׳ 2018, 16:58, מאת Matthew Becker <