[Nhcoll-l] Cleaning a roadkill freezer

Peter Rauch peterar at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 21 13:41:02 EST 2018

Odors may remain dominant and persistent after an intense cleaning of the
freezer compartment's inside if the liquids have penetrated any seams in
the freezer's internal liner.

If your freezer lining has seams, esp. where walls and floor join and/or in
the floor of the compartment,  and fluid could have accumulated and seeped
through those seams, you will want to consider the possibility of removing
the lining(s),  to also wash those affected surfaces, and/or to replace the
freezer's insulation.  Cost of doing such an extensive cleaning/deodorizing
may of course be more costly than simply replacing the freezer.

Peter