[Nhcoll-l] buckets for specimens

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Thu Aug 8 11:03:04 EDT 2019

Tonya

Our herpetology collection has been experimenting with these in the collection for short to medium term storage.  They seal fairly well, are relatively inexpensive (and light to ship) and have the added benefit of being clear so that you can see contents and fluid levels.  They come in various sizes and tack fairly well:

https://www.universityproducts.com/polycarbonate-storage-pails-for-wet-collections.html

Hope that helps

Andy
    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard<x-apple-data-detectors://9>
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561<x-apple-data-detectors://9>
USA<x-apple-data-detectors://9>

Tel: (785) 864-3863<tel:%28785%29%20864-3863>
Fax: (785) 864-5335<tel:%28785%29%20864-5335>
Email: abentley at ku.edu<mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu<http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu/>
    A  :             A  :             A  :
    V                V                V