[Nhcoll-l] Genomics in Collections Workshop, March 2020

Kim Ballare kim.ballare at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:07:37 EDT 2019

Dear SPNHC Members,

Beth Shapiro (Paleogenomics Lab, UC Santa Cruz), Brian Simison (Center for
Comparative Genomics, Cal Academy), and I (Paleogenomics Lab, UC Santa
Cruz) are organizing a workshop on genomic techniques and challenges at the
Cal Academy in San Francisco from 12-15 March, 2020
<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NDE4cXE5NjU5MnJwY2N0MmhiYzN2dTlzNmwga2ltLmJhbGxhcmVAbQ&tmsrc=kim.ballare%40gmail.com>
.  This workshop is specifically aimed at researchers and curators with
little or no experience in genetic/genomic work to enable them to utilize
emerging DNA sequencing technologies in natural history collections.

I am reaching out to the SPNHC community to gauge interest in such a
workshop and to survey members on topics that they would find useful. So
far, we are planning both practical (wet and dry lab) and lecture components,
and we would love to hear from members their preferred topics to include.

If you are interested in attending or learning more about this workshop,
please fill out the following short survey!

https://forms.gle/DpX1AUYvorrisu219

Best,
--
Kim Ballare, PhD