[Nhcoll-l] SPNHC & ICOMNATHIST 2020 Storage Techniques Symposium (S5.2) submissions

Abraczinskas, Laura abraczi1 at msu.edu
Wed Feb 12 13:56:44 EST 2020

Greetings,

If you are planning to attend the 2020 SPNHC & ICOM NATHIST conference in Edinburgh, and have a great collections storage tip to share, please consider submitting an abstract for the STASH storage techniques symposium!

S5.2 Storage Techniques for Art, Science, and History Collections (STASH): Storage Tips STASH Flash Symposium

The SPNHC Storage Tips symposium will include a "lightning round" session, with short (5-10 minute) presentations on storage techniques or tips for natural history collections.  We are looking for additional contributions that cover innovative storage techniques, tips, or solutions for any of the following:

Zoological specimens

Botanical specimens

Geological specimens

Vertebrate and Invertebrate Paleontological specimens

Paleobotany specimens

Ethnography and archaeology

Please refer to the symposium description (S5.2) on the conference website for further information

http://www.spnhc-icomnathist2020.com/s5-2storage-techniques-for-art-science-and-history-collections-stash-storage-tips-stash-flash-symposium/

Feel free to contact me (abraczi1 at msu.edu<mailto:abraczi1 at msu.edu>) if there are questions.

The Abstract Submissions page of the conference website provides instructions and submission information http://www.spnhc-icomnathist2020.com/abstract-submissions/

The abstract deadline is 14 February 2020.

We are looking forward to receiving additional submissions for the S5.2 symposium!

Sincerely,
Laura Abraczinskas, on behalf of the STASHc editorial group: Rachael Arenstein, Lisa Goldberg, and Rebecca Kaczkowski

Laura Abraczinskas, Collections Manager
Vertebrate Collections
Michigan State University Museum
409 West Circle Drive