[Nhcoll-l] Labeling Latex Casts

Vicen Carrio v.carrio at nms.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 10:00:56 EST 2020

Hi,

You could check these two papers:

PDF link to:<http://vertpaleo.org/For-Members/Preparators-Resources/Preparators-Resources-PDF-files/Davidson_et_al_2006.aspx> Assembling an Archival Marking Kit for Paleontological Specimens by A. Davidson, S. Alderson & M. Fox

[cid:image002.png at 01D5E5A2.F96F9600]
Silicone rubber can be marked by "tattooing" with a sharp point and rubbing India ink into the marks.

Methods for Labeling Silicone Molds, by Jeff Person, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Charles Baker, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK who tested several methods for retroactively labeling silicone molds.

http://vertpaleo.org/For-Members/Preparators-Resources/Preparators-Resources-PDF-files/Person_2007.aspx<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__vertpaleo.org_For-2DMembers_Preparators-2DResources_Preparators-2DResources-2DPDF-2Dfiles_Person-5F2007.aspx&d=DwMF-g&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=ETxTvb4vOQBwrca5-f1PFe8W7g1ybxaNlJqftF0GxCU&s=tUwIS-ijvWROTcGKjO8g__m6NqNhjK11zyyvMO8rZw4&e=>

Yours,

Vicen

Ms Vicen Carrió ACR
Geological Conservator/ Preparator
National Museums Scotland
National Museums Collection Centre
242 West Granton Road
Edinburgh EH5 1JA
+44 (0) 131 247 4254
v.carrio at nms.ac.uk<mailto:v.carrio at nms.ac.uk>
http://www.nms.ac.uk<http://www.nms.ac.uk/>
Note: My normal working days are Mondays to Thursdays