[Nhcoll-l] Outdoor Dermestid Beetle Colony

Dakota Rowsey drowsey at asu.edu
Thu Jun 18 11:16:50 EDT 2020

Hello:

Arizona State University Biocollections is looking into buying/building an
outdoor dermestid beetle enclosure. Does anyone have any experience in
keeping an active outdoor colony? I am interested in finding ways to
keeping the area at an optimal temperature and humidity (the structure
itself would be under a shade canopy, but I still worry about diel
temperature fluctuations), as well as keeping the area dark and keeping out
other unwanted pests.

Thanks for any help!
Dakota Rowsey

--
Dakota M. Rowsey, Ph.D. (he/his)
Currently: Brown Postdoctoral Fellow, Field Museum of Natural History