[Nhcoll-l] Outdoor Dermestid Beetle Colony

Barry OConnor bmoc at umich.edu
Thu Jun 18 11:32:23 EDT 2020

Be sure whatever you construct is really bug proof. Some years ago during a building renovation, we moved our colony to the roof of the museum. Despite precautions, “wild” dermestids were able to invade and brought in a mite that almost wiped the colony out.
- Barry

Sent from my iPhone

Barry M. OConnor
Emeritus Curator & Professor