[Nhcoll-l] Microscope recommendation(s) for exhibits.....

Cory Redman corymredman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:37:17 EST 2020

I am looking for a microscope recommendation that can be used by the
general public for an exhibit.

The microscope will be used for meteorite thin sections.  We need one with
a light source that comes up from the base, can turn polarization on/off,
and be able to hook up a monitor, to project the image for multiple people
to see.  In an ideal world the microscope would have two light sources, one
from the top and one from the bottom, and you could alternate between them.

We were going to go with a Wentzscope, but you can only hook up a monitor
to the scopes that have a light source coming from above.

I appreciate any and all recommendations.

--
Cory M. Redman (BSc; MSc; PhD)
Science Curator

272 Pearl Street NW