[Nhcoll-l] off-coloured EtOH

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 20 10:44:43 EDT 2020

If the ethanol was diluted with tap as opposed to deionised water, to 70% then the alcohol will cause a light precipitate from the water and the alcohol does go a faint yellowish colour - in my experience!
Otherwise I have not (yet!) experienced the problem and I purchase my alcohol in poly-propylene containers.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com