[Nhcoll-l] Mold in our bird collection

Robert Waller rw at protectheritage.com
Tue Sep 15 17:16:34 EDT 2020

Hi Ariel,
It seems extraordinary to have mold growth at the conditions you mention (40-42%RH and 64-68°F).
Can you be certain that wet or damp materials have not been placed within the cabinets? In my experience a small amount of damp material in a metal cabinet can raise the RH to 100% for days to weeks.
Rob