[Nhcoll-l] Register now for a free workshop on April 28th about biotic interaction data

Erica Krimmel ekrimmel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:37:53 EDT 2021

*A Practical Exploration of Biotic Interaction Data Management and
Information Retrieval through Terrestrial Parasite Tracker (TPT)
<https://parasitetracker.org> and Global Biotic Interactions (GloBI)
<https://globalbioticinteractions.org>*

*When*: April 28th, 2:00 - 4:00pm Eastern
*Organizers*: Jorrit Poelen and Katja Seltmann
*Details*: This workshop is free to attend but advance registration is
required. Register at https://fla.st/3teMcE9.

During this two-hour long, participatory workshop collection managers,
researchers, or data providers will use GloBI for data management and
information retrieval. Our group exploration into the data will cover the
data origins and data integration process and data products.

This workshop is open to anyone interested in biotic or species interaction
data even if you are presently not using GloBI. We will highlight data from
the Terrestrial Parasite Tracker project, but the methods are available for
anyone interested in biotic interactions (see more at
https://www.globalbioticinteractions.org/sources).

The proposed outcome of this workshop is a reusable Carpentries
<https://carpentries.org> lesson and improved documentation on methods to
integrate and access biotic interaction data. We will work together through
a series of exploratory data exercises. No programming experience is
required, and you will use your own device to download data and create
Google Sheets. Everyone will contribute during this workshop. Bring snacks!
:)

*Erica Krimmel*
Digitization Resource Coordinator
Integrated Digitized Biocollections <https://www.idigbio.org/> (iDigBio)