[Nhcoll-l] digitization workflow

Schossleitner, T. T.Schossleitner at mfn.berlin
Wed Apr 14 04:06:13 EDT 2021

Hi,

in the paleontological collections of the museum für Naturkunde Berlin we are trying to optimize our digitization workflow (labeling the specimen, taking a photo of the label and an overview picture of the specimen, entering general information in a database). As there is the wish to push the time needed for one specimen below a certain threshold without deviating from certain standards (like labeling each specimen and entering a minimum dataset), we have seen some general workflows I would be interested in more specific workflows and what your experiences are.
Which steps are included and necessary in the digitization process?
Labeling, picture (label and overview of the object), data entering and rehousing?
Minimum dataset?
A general idea what time is needed per specimen?
Limits?
Quite a question I know, but I'd be happy about every input I can get.

Thanks and kind regards
Thomas