[Nhcoll-l] Blu-tak on specimens

Melissa Holt Melissa.Holt at Australian.Museum
Mon Apr 19 19:56:43 EDT 2021

Hi all,
I was looking for some advice on alternatives for blu-tak when used on natural science specimens. I know there is no perfect solution but the scientists at our museum continue to use it and I am hoping there is something better. They use it a lot in housing to keep a specimen in place or during microscopy. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Melissa.

Melissa Holt

Conservator | Collection Care and Conservation

Australian Museum Research Institute

Australian Museum  1 William Street Sydney NSW 2010 Australia

 M 61 449 588 797
(She/her)

[cid:687ab50b-3c7c-4fe4-a4fe-8b3f5fd18d12]

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/australianmuseum> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/austmus> | Instagram<https://instagram.com/australianmuseum/?hl=en> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/austmus>

I respect and acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the First Peoples and Traditional Custodians of the land and waterways on which the Australian Museum stands.

[https://media.australian.museum/media/dd/images/Email_Sig-tiptoe.4b85b63.ec97443.png] <https://australian.museum/>

The Australian Museum email disclaimer

The views in this email are those of the user and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Museum. The information contained in this email message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. The Australian Museum does not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. As Internet communications are not secure, the Australian Museum does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.