[Nhcoll-l] Does anyone have a document for protection when specimens are used outside the institution?

Howe, Michael P.A. mhowe at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Feb 2 13:00:04 EST 2021

There's some useful loans documentation information on the Collections Trust [UK] website: https://collectionstrust.org.uk/spectrum-resources/loans-out/  . Make sure you get a realistic insurance valuation for its replacement. For TV companies we often require them to pay for a staff member to accompany the loan at all times. A word of warning: some years ago we loaned a specimen of basalt to a well known British Broadcasting organization for filming, only to be told when we chased the loan that the actors had   thrown it into a river during filming. They never retrieved it.....

Good luck, too!

Mike Howe