[Nhcoll-l] quantification of collection use

Elizabeth Wommack ewommack at uwyo.edu
Tue Jan 5 17:17:02 EST 2021

Hi Luc,

It sounds like you might be interested in some of the tracking abilities
that Arctos (https://arctosdb.org/) allows for its collections. Probably
the easiest way to learn about how Arctos allows the tracking of use is to
take a look at the webinar on Projects, Publications, and Citations
<https://youtu.be/aLCC-SI1-RI>, but you may also be interested in some of
the nitty gritty on how collections can tract loans and accessions
<https://youtu.be/TGCNDjyvgVM>.

Each collection in Arctos has their own permissions and control of our
data, but we can also set some areas (like Projects) viewable by the
public. I find it a really easy way to share how specimens that are donated
to our museum are used with different stake holders.

Hope that might provide some help for your search.

cheers,
Beth Wommack

--
Elizabeth Wommack, PhD
Curator and Collections Manager of Vertebrates