[Nhcoll-l] Techniques for taking toe pad samples?

Cassidy, Kelly Michela cassidyk at wsu.edu
Wed Jan 20 10:55:25 EST 2021

Thank you. I generally don’t have issues taking skin clips. It’s the toe pads that are a challenge to sample without putting stress on the study skin. I received another request for toe pads (on kingfishers) this morning. Maybe some sort of tiny nippers would work better than a scalpel?

Dr. Kelly M. Cassidy, Curator, Conner Museum
School of Biological Sciences
Box 644236
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-4236