[Nhcoll-l] APHIS permits for traveling exhibits

Catherine Early (she/her) cearly at smm.org
Wed Jul 7 16:47:34 EDT 2021

Hello all,

We're preparing a couple of exhibits to travel within the US and
potentially from the US to Canada that include taxidermied specimens of
various clades. We have most of the US permits figured out, but we're
unsure if we would need an APHIS Veterinary Services permit for the
specimens to travel interstate and outside of the US. Can any US folks
answer this question? The Veterinary Services Permitting Assistant
<https://efile.aphis.usda.gov/s/vs-permitting-assistant?tabId=animalProducts>
hasn't been helpful for figuring this out.

Thanks,
Catherine

<https://www.smm.org/>

*Catherine M. Early, PhD*

she/her

*Barbara Brown Chair of Ornithology*

e: cearly at smm.org

https://catherineearly.wixsite.com/home

We envision a world where everyone has the power to use science to make
lives better,
and we are committed to using STEM as a tool to advocate for justice and
equity.