[Nhcoll-l] Fwd: WG: Closure of Archaeology at Sheffield University / 50, 000 times NO to cultural vandalism

Dirk Neumann neumann at snsb.de
Tue Jun 1 12:41:43 EDT 2021

Dear all,

apologies for cross-posting this - University of Sheffield announced to
should down the Department of Archaeology, which includes the
zooarchaeology, archaeobotany, human osteology and palaeoanthropology.

Assuming that some NHColl-members might had contacts to Sheffield and
colleagues working there, and as Zooarch posts popped up occasionally
here on NHColl as well, I thought this piece might be worth sharing.

The are looking for more people to sign the petition against their
closure, the link is provided in Umberto Albarella's original post below.

With best wishes

Dirk

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-57255994
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/21/stonehenge-research-in-jeopardy-if-sheffield-university-archaeology-unit-closes