[Nhcoll-l] Fluid preservation jar lids

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 13:08:59 EDT 2022

…and to follow on from Andy’s comment - cork is a temporary closure (fine in the field, but will lead to evaporation in storage due to its semi-permeability).  Rubber bungs either go rock hard or expand - either way they become irremovable!

With all good wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com