[Nhcoll-l] many specimens in one jar

Dirk Neumann d.neumann at leibniz-lib.de
Wed Dec 7 13:52:33 EST 2022

... just adding: if you individualise these inside the lot (because they have been tissue sampled), you can separate these individuals, e.g. by putting small fish into glass tubes inside the jar, or by tagging them with the tissue number (i.e. putting a small label behind the gill cover so that it won't slip).

Also in fluid insect collections (e.g. flies) or arthropods (e.g. spiders), specimens or even entire lots are placed in glass tubes.

All the best
Dirk