[Nhcoll-l] Seeking IPM Advice

KAREN DUBROFF kdubroff at nhmu.utah.edu
Mon Feb 28 14:47:30 EST 2022

Dear all,

We recently accepted a transfer of a large taxidermy specimen and its case (see attached photo of the case). We were able to place the specimen in our isolation freezer, however, the case is too large to fit and cannot be sufficiently disassembled. Our exhibits team would like to keep the case for display at the museum. Unfortunately, the case was part of a display in a non-museum setting for well over a decade, which is concerning from an IPM perspective, specifically with the completely sealed, presumably hollow, base.

I'm thus coming to you for advice and recommendations regarding pest mitigation for the case.

Many thanks in advance,
Karen

Karen DuBroff
Associate Registrar, Loans and Exhibitions
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Natural History Museum of Utah
(801) 587-5774
University of Utah