[Nhcoll-l] ΑΠ: Advice on estimating the value of donated collections?

Battermann, Nora battermann at snsb.de
Wed Mar 9 03:50:42 EST 2022

Dear all,

thanks for your replies so far. I fully agree with Maria - it would be
incredibly useful to establish a method for estimating the value of
natural history collections. Obviously, the value is infinite/impossible
to measure but unfortunately there are instances in which we need to put
a number on the value of a collection - be that insurance,
posting/taxes, buying/selling or, at least in Germany for tax purposes,
donation receipts.

Best wishes,
Nora

---