[Nhcoll-l] [External] Re: Putty For Sealing Jars

Tacker, Christopher christopher.tacker at naturalsciences.org
Wed Jan 11 10:45:38 EST 2023

If you choose to grind them flat, the quickest and most aggressive way to do it is 120 grit on a glass plate. I even got lucky at the glass business - they had unclaimed thick glass that they just gave me. This is also fairly cheap in terms of supplies and time.

You could even get some wet/dry sandpaper at a hardware store.

Chris Tacker, Ph.D., P.G.
Research Curator of Geology
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 West Jones St. | Raleigh, NC  27601

Emails to and from this address are subject to NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.