[Nhcoll-l] Zebra thermal transfer printers

Santoyo Brito, Enrique esbrito at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 17 17:21:11 EDT 2023

Hey there,

I wanted to know if you have any experience with Zebra thermal transfer printers. I'm considering purchasing a ZebraTT111 (We have supplies from our old Datamax that fit that printer, and it is within our budget). However, the provider discouraged me from buying a ZT111 because it's an entry-level printer and he does not have any experience with printing on Preservation Tags with that model. Additionally, the provider mentioned that the printer has difficulty maintaining good traction with the glossy tag stock. Therefore, he recommended that I get a ZT230 instead, which is the lowest level he has experience with when it comes to entry-level printers. The ZT230 fits our needs as well.

Our old Datamax used to print at 300 DPI (continuous polyester tag/resin ribbon), and we don't need a much higher DPI since we print wet-specimen labels.

Any information concerning similar printers or advice will be appreciated.

Gracias!
Enrique

Enrique Santoyo-Brito, Ph.D.
Fluid Collections Manager