[Nhcoll-l] Registration Open! Oct 27 7th Safety & Cultural Heritage Summit

Kathryn Makos kamakos at verizon.net
Mon Sep 11 19:38:20 EDT 2023

7th Safety and Cultural Heritage Summit

Preserving Our Heritage and Protecting Our Health

Co-presentations by IH/Safety and Conservation/Collection Care Professionals

The Potomac Local Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association,
the Washington Conservation Guild, the Smithsonian Institution's Office of
Safety, Health and Environmental Management and the Smithsonian National
Collections Program will once again collaborate with the Lunder Conservation
Center to host a Professional Development Seminar with the theme of Control
of Health and Safety Hazards in Museums, Historic Sites, Conservation
Treatment and Collection Care.

Friday, 27 October 2023

9:00 am - 4:30 pm ET

McEvoy Auditorium

Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) and Virtual

G and 8th Streets, NW, Washington DC

Presentations include:

*	Responding to Mold Emergencies During COVID
*	Cellulose Nitrate Film: Risks and New/Updated NFPA 40 Guidelines for
Appropriate Methods for Handling and Storage
*	Safety Practices for Outdoor Sculptures at Smithsonian American Art
Museum
*	The National Park Service Museum Risk Assessment Tool and Museum
Fire Protection Virtual Training Series
*	 <https://www.potomacaiha.org/Summit-Event> Click here for a
complete list of presentations.

Tours of SAAM galleries will be available for in-person attendees to select
upon check-in.

Please register at  <https://www.potomacaiha.org/event-5407330>
https://www.potomacaiha.org/event-5407330

*	In-person - $60 (Includes lunch and tour)

*	Virtual - $30
*	Student/pre-program intern (student ID or internship letter
required) - $30 in-person or virtual

Register by October 17, 2023 - NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION

Kathryn Makos, MPH CIH

(she/her)

Retired:Smithsonian Institution