[Nhcoll-l] Air filtration (MERV rating) at collection rooms

Miguel Pinto miguel.pinto.baez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:03:54 EDT 2024

Dear all:

We will remodel a building that will harbour all our collections at the
Galapagos Islands thanks to generous donations of donors. This building
will have central AC control, and our architect is asking what level of air
filtration (using the MERV rating) is the most recommended for collections.
I am unaware of special air filtering conditions for collections, so I
would think that anything in the MERV range 8-13 would be just fine. I
would be very interested in knowing your experiences while choosing MERV
rating filters for AC systems in collections.

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/what-merv-rating

Very best,

C. Miguel Pinto
Chief Curator | *Coordinador de Colecciones *

Charles Darwin Foundation | *Fundación Charles Darwin*
Puerto Ayora, Islas Galápagos, Ecuador

Tel. +593 5 2 526 146 <callto:+593 5 2 526 146> ext 318
Cel. & Whatsapp. +593 995 12 92 3 <callto:+593 967 87 15 57>8

*Donate Today
<https://www.darwinfoundation.org/en/get-involved/give?form=CHFGF> - Subscribe
to our Newsletter <https://www.darwinfoundation.org/en/subscribe>*

X  <http://www.twitter.com/darwinfound>| Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/charles-darwin-foundation?originalSubdomain=ec>
 | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/darwinfoundation> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/charlesdarwinfoundation/?hl=en>
www.darwinfoundation.org

The mission of the Charles Darwin Foundation and its Research Station is to
tackle the greatest threats and challenges to Galapagos through scientific
research and conservation action, in order to safeguard one of the world’s
most important natural treasures.

*La misión de la Fundación Charles Darwin y su Estación Científica es
abordar las mayores amenazas y desafíos para Galápagos a través de la
investigación científica y acciones de conservación con el fin de proteger
uno de los tesoros naturales más importantes del mundo.*