[Nhcoll-l] Interactive/Dynamic Keys

Seth Raynor Seth.Raynor at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 8 14:37:07 EST 2024

Hello everyone,

Together with two of my colleagues at University of Colorado, we are
embarking on a comprehensive investigation of the lichen biota of Colorado,
which will include numerous new state records/range extensions, species new
to science, etc.

As such, we foresee that draft identification keys that we write now will
need to be massively reworked in the coming months and years.

We are reaching out to ask if any of you have recent experience with
writing interactive/dynamic or otherwise online, easily amenable
dichotomous keys. If so, what are your favorite platforms, and why? Are
they proprietary or open access?

Hoping to hear some feedback from those of you with some expertise and
experience in this area!

Thank you for the time and help in advance!

Best,

Seth Raynor

Graduate Student | Manzitto-Tripp Lichen Lab

University of Colorado