[Nhcoll-l] Catalog numbers for split lots

Callomon,Paul prc44 at drexel.edu
Thu Jan 25 15:31:07 EST 2024

We often split lots, usually because they have been determined to contain more than one taxon but sometimes because they are combined primary and secondary types (the primary type keeps the number, the others get a new one). In all cases, however, we first check as far as possible on the web to see whether the number has been published, and if so we make sure to keep it with the taxon the publication referred to.

Paul Callomon
Collection Manager, Malacology and General Invertebrates
Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia
callomon at ansp.org<mailto:callomon at ansp.org> Tel 215-405-5096 - Fax 215-299-1170