[Carillon-info] Carillon Concert, Friday July 23, 2010

nick.huang at yale.edu nick.huang at yale.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:47:50 EDT 2010

Dear friends and carillon enthusiasts,

Tomorrow is our 6th concert! We are delighted to have Charles Dairay, from
France, to come play for us. Charles is a multi-talented musician -- not only
is he an accomplished carillonneur (with accolades such as the laureate of the
5th Queen Fabiola International Carillon Competition), he has also previously
won prizes for the saxophone, piano and bassoon.

A graduate of the Royal Carillon School in Mechelen, Belgium, Charles is now the
main carillonneur in Orchies and Le Quesnoy, and the assistant carillonneur in
Saint-Amand Les Eaux, his hometown.

The program tomorrow will feature original music for the carillon (including a
piece written by Boudewijn Zwart, who played 5 weeks ago), arrangements of
pieces familiar to one and all: Spring, from Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Maria,
from West Side Story, and My Way.

==Concert by Charles Dairay==
Venue: Branford College (on High Street and Elm Street), Yale University, New
Haven. (Concert-goers are advised not to bring dogs.)
Date: July 23, 2010 (Friday); 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Listening space is available in
the Branford College courtyard, from 6:30 p.m. In the event of rain, we will
have listening space indoors, in Linsley Chittenden Hall, on 63 High Street,
across the street from Branford.
Seating: Not provided, but audience members are encouraged to bring blankets and
lawn chairs to the listening area.
Program: Available at
http://yale.edu/carillon/summer/summer_profiles2010#c6

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOkj286Ack