[Carillon-info] Friday Carillon Concert by Marcel Siebers

nick.huang at yale.edu nick.huang at yale.edu
Thu Jul 29 17:13:25 EDT 2010

Dear friends and carillon enthusiasts,

Tomorrow is the 7th concert of this summer! Our guest for tomorrow night is
Marcel Siebers, the city carillonneur of Venlo and Cuijk, the Netherlands.
Other than being a talented carillonneur with degrees from the Arnhem
Conservatory and the Netherlands Carillon School, Marcel is also an active
composer. He has won prizes for his competitions organized by the French and
American Guilds of Carillonneurs, and was awarded the Culture Prize of the city
of Cuijk.

Marcel's concert will feature a good mix of original carillon compositions
(including a piece he wrote to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the
carillon), as well as pieces in commemoration of the births of the American
composer Samuel Barber, and the Spanish composer Isaac Albeniz, and popular
music.

We hope to see you tomorrow!

Nick and Julie

==Concert by Marcel Siebers==
Venue: Branford College (on High Street and Elm Street), Yale University, New
Haven. (Concert-goers are advised not to bring dogs.)
Date: July 30, 2010 (Friday); 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Listening space is available in
the Branford College courtyard, from 6:30 p.m. In the event of rain, we will
have listening space indoors, in Linsley Chittenden Hall, on 63 High Street,
across the street from Branford.
Seating: Not provided, but audience members are encouraged to bring blankets and
lawn chairs to the listening area.
Program: Available at http://yale.edu/carillon/summer/summer_profiles2010#c7