Something's Missing

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Mon Aug 21 21:15:39 EDT 2000

Karen,

We have all noticed fewer butterflies this summer.  Most butterflies
overwinter as larvae, I think the cold rainy spring and summer have
knocked the developing larvae way back.  During one stretch in July we had
rain 11 days out of 13.  That also affects the nectaring females, and
prevents copulation.  Newly emerged adults need to nectar feed within a
few days .

Carol Lemmon