Recent trends

bill and Dale droberts03 at snet.net
Wed Jun 6 21:36:37 EDT 2001

For those who were in the right habitat the past couple of days some
interesting trends.
Driving the gravel roads around the local reservoir (Madison) I had 11
Red-spotted Purples on Monday and three more today at Chatfield Hollow.
This is an area where White Admirals turn up (both the reservoir and
Chatfield) and it is a good place to see an occasional mixed form,
although that hasn't happened for me yet this year.
Also Common Ringlets exploded in the past couple of days and in my Sweet
Flag/Sedge swamp this morning I had 30 to 35 flying.
Finally since some ode reports are creeping into this site, until
someone reprimands me I'm going to mention that Chatfield Hollow was
WILD with odondate species today, species too numerous to list on a lep
site but for those interested take a ride there.
                               Cheers,
                                                         Bill Yule