Red Admiral flight

BrianRFG at aol.com BrianRFG at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 16:29:04 EDT 2001

Hi,
    I was at the Hubble School in Bristol today and the 1st graders and I
noticed 61 Red Admirals going zoom-zoom-zoom northward bound across the
school yard. That was in 165 minutes of watching. We also saw a Mourning
Cloak motoring northward and 9 American Ladies moving north at a more relaxed
pace.
    Thank you especially to those of you who provide detailed information on
Red Admirals, including #'s seen migrating and time spent observing. We are
seeing a wonderful migration (on the heels of a very fine migration of
American Ladies) and if we get enough data collected this time around we
shall be able to say more than "there sure were a lot of admirals in 2001"
and we'll have good comparative data when the next big flight comes along.
    Brian Cassie