Monarchs Rule

bill and Dale droberts03 at snet.net
Wed Oct 3 23:35:42 EDT 2001

Hi again lep-people,
    I went to Hammonassett State Park after work today, arriving about 5
PM.  I wanted to check on the Red Admiral movement I reported the day
before.  No Admirals. Not one. However there were at least two or more
thousand Monarchs in the park. In the Nature Center parking lot almost
every purple clover blossom had a Monarch on it. Goldenrods were stacked
with 5-10 Monarchs each.  Many were beginning to roost in the trees in
the back side of the parking area near Willards Island. The butterfly
garden had about 60 monarchs at a time on it. It was a great sight and
gives me hope, the cycles go on, Monarchs rule.
                                                         Bill Yule