Chester sightings & field trip reminder

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 12:40:52 EDT 2004

Happy Spring!

I just found my first milkweed shoots in my garden--both a. syriaca and a. tuberosa.  In the yard this morning, I saw a cabbage white, a vanessa sp. (probably American Lady?  It didn't stay long enough to be sure), and a clouded sulphur.

Celebrate May Day by going on the first CBA field trip of the year!  Larry Gall is leading a field trip to West Rock Park at 10 AM tomorrow (5/1/04).  He's hoping to see Falcate Orangetip, Brown Elfin, and Juniper Hairstreak.  With the number of sightings already reported this year, it should be a productive trip!  For directions, go to the website www.ctbutterfly.org.

Diane