caterpillar from NC

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 16:30:16 EDT 2004

Sounds like a Spotted Apatelodes (Apatelodes torrefacta).  I think they eat
all kinds of things. I have a picture of the adult here -
http://booksandnature.homestead.com/moth85.html

John

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at comcast.net

"Discovering Moths, Nighttime Jewels in Your Own Yard"
Go to: http://booksandnature.homestead.com/DiscoveringMothspage.html

Visit my other websites at:
  www.johnhimmelman.com
  www.connecticutmoths.com