NW corner leps, 4/20

Fiore & Wallstrom kwallstrom at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 18:32:31 EDT 2006

On what we think is called "Tom's Hill", immediately south of the
CT/Mass. line in Weatogue, Litchfield County, we observed a Mourning
Cloak chase a Tree Swallow for a minute or so, & right over the
swallow's nest-box, at that!

Our lep. list for the afternoon in Weatogue:

Psychomorpha epimenis (Grapevine Epimenis) 1
Lomographa semiclarata (Bluish Spring Moth) 1

(sorry moth-ers, that's all the ID'd moths, out of 100's of individuals
of multiple spp.)

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail 1
Eastern Pine Elfin  3 on White Pine, together & one being chased a bit
by M. Cloak
Spring Azure 6
Eastern Comma 1
Mourning Cloak 6