Painted Ladies caterpillar question

Robin Matterfis madisonmontessori at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 16 18:07:19 EDT 2006

Good afternoon all,

  We reared painted lady caterpillars for the children at our school.  The butterflies mated, laid eggs which have since hatched.  I was doing well with the supply of hollyhock I have, but a friend just gave me over 500 eggs on about 3 small hollyhock leaves.  I'm afraid I may not have enough hollyhock to go around once the new eggs hatch.  Does anyone know a recipe for caterpillar food in case I run out of hollyhock?
  Thanks for your help.  Hope to see you on the 24th.

  Robin Matterfis