field trip reminder

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 20:44:33 EDT 2007

A big thank you to Lenny Brown for the preview of what's flying at Lighthouse!

And now the reminder:

September 8, 2007 (Saturday)  10:30 AM
Field Trip:  Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
Leader: Dori Sosensky (203) 494-3366, Carol and Gary Lemmon (203) 488-7813
The butterfly and bird garden at Lighthouse Point Park has grown leaps and bounds over the past couple of years and has become especially attractive to late season specialties such as fiery skipper and ocola skipper. Cloudless Sulphurs are frequently seen zipping across the grassy fields and occasionally stop at the garden. We will spend the morning at the park. Picnic tables are available so bring lunch if you wish. After lunch we will travel a couple of miles to an old landfill off Ora Ave. to see what’s flying. Easy walking. Wear good hiking shoes and bring water and sunscreen.

Directions, as always, are at www.ctbutterfly.org

Hope to see you there!
Diane