breaking news!!!

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Sat Aug 21 17:23:01 EDT 2010

Rich,

Everything was out quite early this year, by about 2 to 3 weeks, including the Hairstreaks...and it was also of course dry and hot. The Hairstreak flights, it seemed to me, were past their peaks and may have been for the most part done by July 4...In the week following July 4, in central Mass., all I saw were a few past peak Acadian Hairstreaks and some on schedule Coral Hairstreaks...I have seen no Gray Hairstreaks in New England and no Hickory Hairstreaks this season...Banded and Edwards were fairly numerous, and even Northern Hairstreaks were seen in decent numbers in southern MA...but again all were very early...and at least up here nectar sources were poorer than normal.

Alex